top of page

Mysore practice 21/10/19

I arrived at the shala around 6:45am and started my practice around 6:48am. I didn’t want to waste time because I wanted to start my second series asanas. Since the surgery in the beginning of September, I took a 3-4 week break followed by 3 week of primary series practice. I told Lynne that I would practice second series. All the standing was good. I was a bit unstable in utthita hasta padangushtasana but Lynne helped me. She gave me so many good tips again today. I was unconsciously making my elbows pointing forward in prasaritta padottanasana D. Lynne corrected my elbows to align with the wrists. It was funny to hear this adjustment because I give this adjustment in my teaching classes all the time. Lynne gave me a good push in paschimattanasana and I forgot to do purvattanasana. Ah… my not-so-favourite purvattanasana…!! I realised during ardha badhha padma paschimattanasana (luckily) and asked Lynne whether to go back or just continue. She told me to continue so I continued to triang mukha ikapada paschimattanasana. It was good. All my seated was good. I held my wrists in all marichyasana series (though D in first side was a bit tricky). Again, I regretted eating a bit too much dairy yesterday. I should really cut down on dairy and eat purer, more wholesome. Navasana was surprisingly fine. I think my navasana is getting better. So I guess my bandhas are… working better now. Bujapidasana was okay. Supta kurmasana was okay. Lynne had my left ankle over the neck but I lost it while she was moving my right one. It was fine nonetheless. Transition was a bit funny but I was in control. When in garbha pindasana rolling… OMG my tummy was making so much noise. Hahahahaah it was just hilarious. Suddenly my tummy decides to do some digestion work. I tried not to waste time too much in between asanas. Rolling up in upavistha konasana was sweet (which means it was good and I did it at one go with stable body). Another rolling up in ubhaya padnagusthasana was also sweet but I took 3-4 times in urdhva mukha paschimattanasana. But it was okay. After okay setu bandhasana, I moved onto pashasana. I could hold my fingers (even if it was a tiny bit of fingers) but with heels off. Lynne helped me to open shoulders. Krounchasana felt good and shalabhasana as well. After this I took time to get ready for back bend. Wow.. today….. was the second time that I felt I could die from heart attack. After my urdhva dandasana, in which I could lift up after the third one, my heart was pumping like crazy. It was little bit too much and I had a slight headache as well. I sat first in crossed leg and closed my eyes to wait for my heart to slow down. Lynne noticed and told me to take it easy. I think I sat there for like 30-40 seconds. I stood up for drop back. I dropped and could actually come up with quite firm feet. There was this urge/wish to drop back again but my heart was telling me ‘NOOOOO!’. I told Lynne, I had enough and sat for paschimattanasana. She gave me a good push and told me to breathe slowly for 20. In my comfortable forward bend… I was breathing and sweating. When I came out from paschimattanasana, my face was covered with sweat and hairs… (grrr) and sweat was dripping like crazy. I focused on breathing in shoulder stand sequence and stayed 18 and 12 breaths in sirsasana and half bend. Utplitih felt surprisingly light so I stayed slow 10 breaths. I took a 5 min savasana and thanked Lynne. She stressed one more time that I should breathe deeply and take it easy. It was a very nice practice even though I had some heart /breathing issue.

At Ashtanga Yoga Brussels on 21/10/19(Mon) from 06:50 to 08:20

Teacher: Lynne


bottom of page